46 Freshfield Rd
Directions by road
- From M6 (North), exit at junction 26, and join the M58, travel to the other end of the M58 (don't worry, it's a short motorway only), where you will arrive at Switch Island
- From M6 (South), exit at junction 21a (M62 West), travel along M62 to junction 6, exit at junction 6 to join M57. Please note the M57 has its own dedicated sliproad for entry onto the M57 which is immediately after junction 6. Watch the signposts carefully to make sure you use this sliproad as it will save you navigating a huge roundabout! Travel North on M57 to the end, where you will arrive at Switch Island
- At Switch Island, Follow signs for Broom's Cross Rd/A5758
- Stay on Broom's Cross Rd/A5758 until you reach a roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Southport Rd/A565 Continue to follow A565 through Ince Woods, and then continue on through two sets of traffic lights (very close to each other), noting the road now becomes a dual carriageway. Carry on to first roundabout, where you will turn left.
- Continue on Liverpool Rd/B5424, go straight at the mini roundabout and carry on to next roundabout (Spar on left), take first left junction off roundabout and then almost immediately at a mini roundabout, take first left again onto Duke St. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit off the roundabout onto Freshfield Road.
- Follow Freshfield road until you see the signs for Formby High School. Formby College is right next to the entrance for Formby High School.
Limited Parking is available on-street in front of the college but there is a large car park behind the college which you are welcome to use.
Directions by rail
Formby is on the main rail line between Southport and Liverpool with very regular services running every 15 minutes. There are 2 rail stations in Formby that you can use, Formby and Freshfield stations. Both are approximately 10 minutes walk (0.5 mile) from Formby College. From Formby or Freshfield, journey time by train into Liverpool is approximately 30 minutes and Southport is approximately 15 minutes. Additionally prices on this line are very reasonable for what is an excellent service. If you wish to take a taxi to our centre rather than walking, it is better to use Formby station as that has a dedicated taxi rank.
If you would like to walk it is about 0.6 miles to our centre. From Formby railway station, proceed by foot East from the station, to the roundabout at the base of the bridge that Formby station is on. Turn left onto Freshfield Road. Walk for about 600 yards until you arrive at Formby College, next to Formby High School on the right side. If you are walking from Freshfield station, look for a row of shops on the other side of the road from where Freshfield Station is. Keeping these shops on your right, walk past them into Freshfield Road, and then carry on walking for about 600 yards until you arrive at Formby College, next to Formby High School on the left side.